Recruit4staff are proud to be representing their client, a leading Engineering Business in their search for an Operations Manager to work in their leading facility in Chester
£50,000 - £65,000 P/A depending on experience
Role of Job
- Create and communicate the Group Operations Strategy, Group HS&E and Quality policy.
- Create and implement appropriate metrics & KPI?s for all Group Operations functions, including HS&E, Manufacturing, Quality, Materials Management, Manufacturing Engineering, Design Engineering and Purchasing.
- Drive improvements in Labour Productivity, Delivery Performance, Quality and Cost.
- Implement a structured appraisal and development process for all employees
- Develop Operations Strategy in support of both organic and acquisition based growth.
- Deliver Purchase Price Variance improvement (PPV) to reduce material cost
- Provide Strategic Direction, Support and day to day guidance to direct reports
- Ensure appropriate management meeting and governance process is in place
- Develop and manage the Group Operational Capital investment plan
- Set and deliver in line with Operational budgets
- Create a process to ensure potential business is evaluated effectively and when awarded is integrated into the Operation function to ensure client needs are met
What we`re looking for
- Articulate, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Operational managerial experience within a medium sized engineering/ manufacturing environment.
- The ability and confidence to bring new ideas and provide solutions to existing problems
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Commercially aware with ambition
What we can offer you
- £Competitive Salary
- Permanent position
- Future position on the board
- Company pension
- Company medical plan
- Share Plan
Job Reference: JOB-4512
Back to job search