Recruit4staff are proud to be representing their client, a leading Manufacturing in their search for a Quality Engineer to work in their leading facility in Bridgnorth
Quality Systems Engineer
£30,000 to £35,000 per annum
7.30am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday
Job Role of Quality Engineer
- Provide leadership and ownership of quality improvements. Facilitate activities to reduce scrap and rework.
- Manage effectively the measurement of scrap, its analysis and subsequent resolution through team problem solving.
- Provide support and coaching using visual management to all shop floor processes with respect to product quality.
- Carry out internal system, process and product audits and drive corrective actions for issues identified until audit closure.
- Facilitate and document management of quality issues and internal concerns using global 8D.
- Liaise with customers and internal departments to ensure problem resolution and Project support.
- Support the company’s New Product Introduction (NPI) process.
- Perform all duties in compliance with the company’s Quality Management System.
- Undertake any other duties of a similar nature consistent with the responsibilities of this post.
What we`re looking for
- Administration of company quality and HSE management systems to ensure continued certification to ISO9001, IATF16949, ISO14001 and ISO18000
- Perform those duties assigned by and in compliance with the quality management system.
- Liaison with process owners to generate and develop company processes and procedures in compliance with quality standard requirements.
- Administration and communication of company KPIs and QMS performance to all levels of the business as appropriate.
- Generation of schedules for internal system, process & product audits.
- Ensure adherence to audit schedules and timely feedback of audit findings to the senior management team.
- Ensure progression of actions where non conformances or opportunities for improvement are highlighted.
- Conduct internal audits as required.
- Ensure that concern and corrective action registers are kept up to date and assist in update and closure of concern reports, ensuring that QE’s and customer facing staff keep the customer informed of progress.
- Promotion of the QMS and continuous improvement, facilitating improvements and waste reduction via quality improvement meetings/programs.
- Up to date working knowledge of quality and HSE standards including ISO9001, IATF16949, ISO14001, ISO18001
- Experience in generating and developing processes and procedures
- Internal auditor trained (lead auditor preferred)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Team working skills
- Information gathering skills
- Competence in Microsoft Office
- Problem solving techniques such as 8D, 5 Why etc.
What we can offer you
- £Competitive Salary
- Permanent position
- Full time hours
- Company pension
- Company medical plan
- Free Parking
For further information about this and other positions please apply now
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Recruit4staff (Telford) who are operating as an employment agency and employment business.
Job Reference: JOB-4656
Back to job search