Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician
Recruit4staff are proud to be representing their client, a leading Engineering company in their search for an experienced Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer to work in their leading facility in Chester.
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
50% Electrical / 50% Mechanical
Up to £34,000 P/A depending on experience
40 hour week – Alternating shifts
Wednesday to Friday – Days (06:00 – 18:00)
Monday to Wednesday – Nights (18:00 – 06:00)
Monday to Wednesday – Days (06:00 – 18:00) & Thursday night
Role of Job
• To provide Technical support in general engineering disciplines in the correction, prevention and elimination of technical problems across the site.
• The ideal candidate will demonstrate a background involving maintenance of a busy production line involving both mechanical and electrical machinery
• As some of the equipment is highly automated the technician must be able to fault find and have a good working knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic control systems.
• It is also a prerequisite that the individual will be fully conversant with modern ac & dc drive systems through to standard large motor starting systems
• Work to maintenance schedules, carrying out planned preventative maintenance on a range of process and support equipment
• React swiftly to process breakdowns to minimise downtime
• Ensure root cause of equipment failure is always identified and appropriate preventative action implemented
• This role will not only be in the front line of maintaining the company’s production effectiveness but will work on planned improvements to plant and equipment.
What we`re looking for
• Electrical qualification (City & Guilds/ONC)
• 5+ years relevant experience (time served)
• Ability to read electrical drawings
• Fault finding – electrical/mechanical
• Good working knowledge of PLC’s, pneumatics, hydraulics, variable speed drives (ac/dc)
• Maintenance of complex equipment
• Electrical installations to latest regulations
• Control Techniques PLC/Drives
What we can offer you
• Permanent position
• Full time hours
• Company contributed pension
• Free Parking
If this position isn’t for you but you know of someone who is looking for new role, then we offer a referral fee of £200 for anyone who completes 3 months. Call or email us for more information.
For further information about this and other positions please apply now
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Recruit4staff (Wrexham) who are operating as an employment agency and employment business.
Job Reference: JOB-4930