6 Month contract
Our client is a large manufacturing company based in Wrexham. They have a well-regarded reputation and a worldwide client base. They are currently looking to recruit a Buyer with CAPEX experience on a 6-month fixed term contract
£28,000 - 30,000 per annum
Role of the job:
- Your objective as Capex Buyer is to ensure that the purchasing requirements for CAPEX (currently circa £11m) and Facilities & Maintenance Management (circa £5m) of the Company are carried out in an efficient and effective manner.
- Establishing, communicating and implementing a Sourcing Strategy in alignment with Business stakeholders, strategies and that delivers added value to the business.
- Build and maintain strong supplier relationships / partnerships.
- Negotiate best value prices, lead times and terms for the company for goods and services as allocated by Purchasing Manager, either alone or supervised depending on value or criticality.
- Protect the business by ensuring compliance with Global Third Party Compliance Policy.
- Establish relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure the highest level of service.
- Manage and maintain strategic partnership, through common goals, understanding capacity and constraints through effective SRM Quarterly Business Review with strategic suppliers Manage Suppliers risk by increasing supply robustness in insuring de-risking plans where spend/service dictates.
- Ensure robust agreements are in place, liaising with Legal to ensure compliance with policy Ensure supplier spend reports and ad-hoc reports produced, when requested by Purchasing Manager.
- Contribute to the monthly report Category spend analyses; identifying key areas and opportunities and taking the lead Experience / Qualifications You will be an able negotiator with excellent analytical skills.
What we're looking for:
- Your experience must come directly from a buying position having covered the scope of spend required by this position.
- You will also possess knowledge and experience of working within a Purchasing network, contributing to and leading categories of spend.
What we can offer you:
- £28,000-30,000 per annum
- Permanent position
- Full time hours- Monday-Friday 8:30AM-4:30PM
For further information about this and other positions please apply now
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Recruit4staff (Wrexham) who are operating as an employment agency and employment business.
Job Reference: JOB-5019
Back to job search