Recruit4staff are proud to be representing their client, a leading Manufacturing organisation in their search for an Production Engineer to work in their leading facility in Telford
£30,000 to £32,000 per annum
8.00am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday
33 days Holiday
As the Production Engineer:
- Investigate production and process issues providing technical support and training
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning work flow, space requirements and equipment layout
- Remove waste from the processes
- Support & lead continuous improvement, problem solving & process improvement activities
- Support and lead process improvement activities
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Reduce variability in manufacturing by providing standard work methods and work instructions
- Assist with shop floor layout and cell designs
- Design fixtures and tooling for assembly tasks
- Generating production documentation such as assembly instructions
- Ensure product and process quality meets specifications required
- Design new systems and processes and provide facilities & methods to ensure the cost-effective integration of new products or for the improvement of existing ones into manufacturing operations
- Oversee installation of machinery and equipment
- Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
- Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working together
- Actively committed to teams development
- Is optimistic and self aware
- Shows moral courage, openness and honesty in all dealings
- Self-motivated, flexible, proactive and committed
- Good communication and interpersonal skills Independently determines approach and assigned tasks
- Understanding manufacturing processes
Production Qualifications and person specification:
- Understanding of design and production costs to include waste, downtime, scrap and re-work.
- Work experience in manufacturing environment, preferably automotive.
- Ability to design processes and layouts.
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree preferred, A Levels, ONC, City & Guilds level 3, BTec National Diploma Level 3, IVQ Technician Diploma, or equivalent NVQ level 3 qualification.
For further information about this and other positions please apply now
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Recruit4staff (Telford) who are operating as an employment agency and employment business.
Job Reference: JOB-5026
Back to job search