Senior Laboratory Technician
£27,000 per annum
- Co-ordination of the laboratory function through effective interpersonal skills, communication, planning and standard setting.
- Ensure laboratory accreditation standards by ensuring methods and procedures are adhered to and amending methods where appropriate
- Manage QA budget and compliance to AOP and identify cost saving opportunities for the department –Ensure that proficiency schemes are maintained
- Achieve compliance at all external audits and accreditation
- To monitor all first production runs of any “change” ensuring that products are produced to the right standard
- Proactively educate and train all operators in the key quality tests.
- Monitor trend micro results, investigate failures / trends
- Ensure testing schedule is achieved
- Participate actively in operations projects to ensure Quality is a key consideration to the project to deliver required results
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and 3rd parties on all visits and audits
What we`re looking for
- Knowledge and experience of working within FMCG laboratory environment
- Micro experience and or qualifications
- Knowledge and experience of quality systems and processes
- Previous involvement and exposure to audits with external bodies and customers, particularly laboratory accreditation.
- Effective communicator & thoroughly professional at all times, especially when dealing with customers.
- Good team-worker, prepared to help others & capable of detailed examination of information to ensure its accuracy
What we can offer you
Full time hours
Pension scheme after probationary period
If this position isn’t for you but you know of someone who is looking for new role then we offer a referral fee of £200 for anyone who completes 3 months. Call or email us for more information.