Recruit4staff is proud to be representing their client, a leading Engineering company in their search for an Electrician to work in their leading facility in Shropshire
£11.00-£12.00 per hour
Monday-Friday Day Shifts
Role of Job the Electrician:
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes.
- May install or service street lights, intercom systems, or electrical control systems
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Maintain current electrician's license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
- Provide assistance during emergencies by operating floodlights and generators, placing flares, and driving needed vehicles.
What we`re looking for
- 17th edition Wiring Regs
- 2391 or 2392 inspection and testing
- Part P desirable not Essential
- 2377 Pat testing
- City & Guilds level 3
What we can offer you
Possible Permanent position
Full time hours
For further information about this and other positions please apply now
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Recruit4staff (Telford). Recruit4staff who are operating as an employment agency and employment business.
Job Reference: JOB-5422
Back to job search