Recruit4staff are proud to be representing their client, a leading Manufacturing company in their search for an experienced Quality Manager to work in their leading facility in Shropshire
Competitive salary ( to be discussed on application)
As a Quality Manager you will be reporting into the Managing Director and will be responsible for leading the QA activities and maintaining the range of accreditation and compliance required for business operations.
Duties and responsibilities will include;
- Accountable for monitoring and continuously improving the Quality System, its goals and objectives; developing new Quality System elements as required.
- Ensuring compliance with quality standards across the laboratory and consultancy operations
- Assist with ensuring that the relevant quality accreditation is maintained through full procedural compliance, whilst maintaining business profitability.
- Ensuring that all required systems, including processes, test methods, and auditing of all Quality System components, operate in accordance with established procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with Managers and individual Quality Units to design and implement solutions to continually improve effectiveness and efficiencies
- Ensure compliance with UKAS, cGMP, DEA, FDA, ISO and other pertinent regulations/guidance documents.
- Lead implementation of CAPA process and culture, and use of DMAIC and other related improvement tools
- Direct and facilitate investigations and resolution of validation failures, process deviations, abnormal results, customer complaints and inquiries, and other quality performance indicators.
- Lead in the development and support of continuous improvement programs and process reliability improvement initiatives.
- Interact with Customers as required assisting Managers to address quality systems questions and issues.
- Anticipate and identify customer needs. Seek ways to continually improve customer satisfaction.
- Ensure tests are performed accurately and in a timely manner in order to meet production schedule and release dates to service customer.
- Lead preparations for on-site customer audits and spearhead the audit process.
- Act as the customer interface for all audit issues and develop response and corrective actions
- Responsible for all communications with clients re quality and standards issues (inc questionnaires)
- Comply with all health and safety information, instruction and training as it relates to the individual, role and organisation
- Undertake such other reasonable duties and responsibilities appropriate to the position as may be allocated by management from time to time.
What we`re looking for
- Scientific or materials science degree/HND or equivalent
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt (or CQI chartered status)
- Minimum of 5 years experience with QA systems, regulations, guidelines and associated standards
- 6+ years experience in the Pharmaceutical, Medical, Chemistry or related industry.
- Knowledge of applicable global regulations aswell as cGMP, ISO 13485, ISO 17025, UKAS guidance and procedures
- External audit experience
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Flexible to international travel to meet the demands of the business
- 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
- Semi-flexible working hours
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- BUPA private medical insurance after successful probation period
What we can offer you
- £Competitive Salary
- Permanent position
- Full time hours
- Company pension
- Company medical plan
- Free Parking
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Recruit4staff (Telford) who are operating as an employment agency and employment business.
Job Reference: JOB-5506
Back to job search