Production Planning Manager
Recruit4staff are proud to be representing their client, a leading worldwide manufacturing organisation their search for a Planning Manager to work in their leading facility in Welshpool.
£30,000 per annum
6 month contact
Days 8am-5.00pm - Monday to Friday
8am - 2.30pm - Friday
The Role as the Planning Manager
To organise the scheduling of Company production activities in order to maximise manufacturing capacity and efficiency
- Manage the current production planning systems in order to create schedules for key manufacturing operations
- Work closely with purchasing staff to ensure availability of raw materials, and with sales staff to communicate lead times and capacity
- Liaise regularly with Senior Supervisors to ensure area production schedules are appropriate and achievable.
- Work with item administrators to update and maintain the accuracy of product BOMs and routes using production feedback.
- To be involved in researching and implementing improved scheduling methods within the business ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics AX).
- To help with the introduction of shop floor data capture to improve manufacturing visibility and efficiently record machinery outputs.
Qualifications and person specification:
- Experience of planning in a manufacturing environment, producing daily/weekly schedules.
- Experience of collating data to present manufacturing KPI's (capacity utilisation, planned vs actual output).
- Previous involvement in introducing new planning and scheduling methodologies within ERP systems
- Strong numeracy & IT skills (especially Excel) and excellent attention to detail.
For further information about this and other positions please apply now
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Recruit4staff (Telford) who are operating as an employment agency and employment business.
Job Reference: JOB-5534
Back to job search