Recruit4staff are proud to be representing their client, a leading Engineering / Manufacturing company in their search for an experienced Purchasing / Buying Manager to work in their leading facility in Shropshire
What we can offer you
- Competative Salary
- Future progression
- Company Pension
- Procurement is defined as: Sourcing, negotiating and buying of goods, materials and services to meet the Company’s operational requirements.
- Purchase goods, materials and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
- This role has greater responsibility and accountability than a Buyer and includes some people management responsibility being the replacement of the Purchase Manager in his absence.
- The job holder will take responsibility for a specific project or hold a larger remit in terms of purchasing responsibility, will have more technical knowledge, expertise, understanding and will be seen as a specialist within their function.
- Manage the buying process for a given set of goods in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Provide technical / commercial assistance to Commodity Buyers to develop awareness of manufacturing processes and improve product knowledge.
- Manage problems and schedule changes and ensure changes are reflected within the ERP systems
- Actively participate in supplier performance reviews.
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
- Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
- Explore alternate sources for goods and materials
- Assess tenders and quotations from potential suppliers
- Prepare purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers and in line with organizational targets and requirements
- Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
What we`re looking for
- Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, HNC, City & Guilds Licentiateship, BTec Higher Professional Diploma, or equivalent NVQ Level 4 qualifications.
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS)
- Proven purchasing experience, preferably within an manufacturing environment
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
- Contract management and supplier experience
- Project management experience
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of automotive processes and components and supply chain management
- Computer literate, to include advanced Excel skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing business who are seeking to add further talent to their management team
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Recruit4staff (Telford) who are operating as an employment agency and employment business.