Recruit4staff are proud to be representing their client, a leading Manufacturing company in their search for 2 Training Officers to work in their leading facility in Shropshire
- £25,000 - £30,000 per annum (depending on experience)
As a training officer you will be reporting to the Compliance Manager within the Operations Management team, the role will assist with the development, delivery and implementation of SOP's and guidelines, taking into account different learning styles to engage, motivate and meet training objectives.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Assist in the writing of Standard Operating Procedures in accordance with established best practice and using role specific knowledge and experience.
- Identify the short and medium-term training needs across the site and for each shift, developing appropriate training plans.
- Arrange and deliver training solutions across a range of technical and behavioural topics and in line with the Operations Training Matrix and document-controlled SOPs.
- Co-ordinate cross shift training programmes and interventions to help ensure internally and externally recognised best practice principles, standards and manufacturing methodologies are consistently implemented and maintained across all shifts.
- Manage and maintain the training programme calendar.
- Ensure that employee training records are accurately maintained and all statutory and refresher training is delivered and recorded within relevant timescales via maintenance of training matrices.
- Ensure training activities and outcomes are communicated to all key stakeholders to enable collaborative working and a best practice training culture.
- Champion and support the EDR/Appraisal process in collaboration with the L&D Advisor.
- Prepare regular reports as required (weekly, monthly, ad hoc etc) on training performance and departmental KPIs. Monitor performance against target and identify, recommend and help implement action plans as necessary
The ideal candidate will need to have;
- Relevant training qualification
- Basic Food Safety HACCP Level 2 or higher
- Excellent knowledge of the training cycle and its implementation
- Excellent knowledge of learning techniques and learning styles
- Equivalent of 2-3 years’ experience in training role within a food/manufacturing/FMCG environment
- Demonstrable experience of designing SOPs and risk assessments
- Coaching and mentoring skills, training and coaching others to create a learning environment
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to work successfully to tight deadlines
- Influencing and negotiation skills, with the ability to articulate, actively listen and seek understanding
- Excellent IT skills, proficient in Microsoft Office
- Numerate, with the ability to prepare and present statistical reports and budget information
What we can offer you
- £Competitive Salary
- Permanent position
- Full time hours
- Company pension
- Free Parking
For further information about this and other positions please apply now
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Recruit4staff (Telford) who are operating as an employment agency and employment business.
Job Reference: JOB-5683
Back to job search